Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Date Me by Jillian Dodd





Book Description:
I’m not scripting my life anymore.
I’m living it.
I’m done with the God of all Hotties.
I’m going to give my heart to the boy who I think deserves it.
The boy whose kisses are hotter than molten lava.
The boy who offered me the key to his heart.
The boy who asked me to Homecoming in a big, sexy way.

There are so many things to look forward to.
Parties at the Cave. Homecoming festivities. Drama Tryouts. Shopping trips to NY.
But things aren’t always as perfect as they seem.
I find out that my best friend has been keeping a secret from me.
Not that I can blame him.
I have secrets too.
But, for now, I’m going to pretend I’m just a normal girl.
I’m going to pretend he’s not still out there.
I’m going to pretend he’s not getting desperate.
I’m going to pretend I’ll never see him again.
But, I will.
And this time, I might not get away.

Book Review:
I absolutely love this series.  It is a mature young adult series and Date Me is book #3 of 6.  The setting in this book is in a private high school close to NYC.  Keaton (aka Keatie) is dating Dawson, tutoring Aiden (the God of all Hotties), best friends with Riley (Dawson's brother) and Dallas (a Senator's son).  She has the school's Queen of Mean, Whitney, out to get her because Keaton's dating Whitney's ex-boyfriend.  Again...high school...drama!

I am a HUGE fan of Aiden.  Can I just say the God of all Hotties is the young man I'd pick for Keaton.  He's good at most things except French.  He's the star soccer player and is second string on the football team.  He's romantic at heart but can't seem to tell Keaton he's over the moon about her.

So....she's dating Dawson.  He's asked her to homecoming in the most dramatic way and every guy who hasn't asked a girl to homecoming is scrounging to match Dawson's very public asking Keaton to the game/events.  He has 11 guys, including the Dean, to do a mini strip tease in their cafe each with a letter of H-O-M-E-C-O-M-I-N-G-?  Isn't that sweet?  It was very public and of course every girl in there wanted to be the receiving end of that invite!  :-)

This all sounds like normal high school drama right??  Well...there's some real life stuff thrown in there as well.  Someone's stalking Keaton, mistaking her for her mother, a famous Hollywood actress, as they look a lot alike.  He's threatening to kill her and has gotten to Keaton a couple of times but she's been lucky enough to get away.  At 17, that's pretty scary stuff to have to live through.  Always having to watch your back, can't see your family, have to wear a tracking device 24/7.  What a mess.  She handles it pretty well I think.  Better than most might.

I don't want to give too much away here...Keaton and her best guy friends take a trip to Miami w/o alerting her security team and Vincent (the stalker) grabs her in the club they're dancing in and threatens to kill the bands singer (a friend of Keaton's) if she doesn't do what he tells her.  Of course Dallas and Riley are watching and Dallas freaks and calls in his Secret Service team to get them out of the club.  Shew!  That was a close call.

Ok...so why would Keaton do a stupid thing like take a trip to Miami w/o telling her security team?  Dawson has been receiving texts from Whitney and he wants to give Whitney another chance.  Keaton gave Dawson part of her heart and she's devastated he's dumping her to go back to Queen Mean.

Once back at school from their Miami disaster, Keaton is hiding in her friends room when she gets a call from Aiden.  He's brought her a cake from dinner, since she missed, and asks her to come out to meet him.  She brings her cake in to share w/ the girls and it's declared the best cake ever.

Ok...so that's where I have to stop or Jillian will have my hide.  The best cliffhanger ends the book...and she's asked reviewers not to share the line.  I'm telling you...it's so hard not to share this with you.  It's the BEST line of this series so far!  Goodness....just read the book and you'll know!  :-D

The author, Jillian Dodd, has done a fantastic job with this story.  There's quite a few story lines to keep up with, not to mention the cliff hangers that just keep coming!  Jillian has quickly become one of my favorite authors and I look forward to reading the next 3 books in this series. 5/5 Stars!

If you'd like to start this series here's the links for the first two books in order:






No comments :

Post a Comment