Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Playing with Fire by Ashley Piscitelli Teaser

I let the reality of what just happened sink in. What was I doing, I needed to be with Carter I should have never left him there tonight. I was weak and scared and I was letting fear run my life. I needed to be stronger, and I knew if I stayed with Chris he would eventually end up killing me. Could I put Carter at risk, though? He told me before he would always protect me I hope he meant it.
Chris was like fire. It was pretty to look at but if you got too close you got burnt, and if it wasn’t controlled it would destroy everything in its path. Doing what I was about to do with Carter was dangerous, but what can I say, I never had parents to warn me not to play with fire.
I waited another ten minutes just to be sure he was passed out then started putting my clothes on. I made my way outside and shut the door. FUCK! I forgot to grab my purse; I had no money, and no way to get to Carter’s house. I didn’t know anyone’s phone number so even if I found a
phone to use, I had no one to call. The only option was to walk and it was about four miles to Carter’s house.
I just prayed that when I got there he was home.
And that he still wanted me.

Follow the Author:
Facebook
Playing with Fire on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment